Saturday, June 10, 2006

Let down lead to retail therapy

I'm so disappointed. I was planning on Knitting In Public tomorrow for International Knit In Public Day. There are no set activities in my area, but I thought it might be fun to go to Houlihans for lunch, sit in the bar, order a salad and knit while people watching.

I had my day planned (mani and pedi and then lunch/KIPing) until I had to make an appointment to have my water meter upgraded. Don't you know, the only day they can come is on Saturday and someone must be available from 8-5. I'm really not happy about this at all. 8-5! Now - when was the last time you had someone come out to your house and they didn't give you a smaller window than that??? I've had the gas company come in to repair my heat a few months ago and they gave me a 3 hour window. The cable company can give you a three to four hour window, but not the water company.

Besides, I live in a condo. All our meters are OUTSIDE. I don't think he'll have to come in the house, but what if he does need to turn the water off or something? I'm just so mad that I'm teathered to my house ALL DAY. Not to mention it's supposed to be a BEAUTIFUL weekend. At least it's looking like Sunday will be the better of the two days. But I really wanted to Knit in Public with my fellow knitters.

So to ease my suffering I ordered two bags from Bungalow 360. Since the french market bag was such a flop (pun intended) and my plans for Knitting in Public got ruined I thought a little retail therapy was in order. I don't remember who I linked to this site from (maybe one of the M-DKAL ladies), but I wanted all their bags. I ordered a large tote and they had a smaller version of it on sale for $20. Well - who can pass that up? Not to mention that I got a shipping confirmation in like 20 minutes. So I should haave a bag delivered in a couple of days. I will post pictures of them when they arrive.

P.S. Hello to my friends from across the country and the Netherlands. I hope I don't bore you too much with all this talk of knitting.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Frickin' utility people!! they can mess you up totally, but, try paying a bill when it suits you and watch them freak out eh!!

You were thinking about it and you were planning on do it, I think it should count that you were there in spirit!