Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Miss Me?

I was in NC for an extended vacation, visiting my parents. I had a great time and although I wanted to do some soul searching, I really didn't get a chance to. I still don't know what I want to do about my next job. I'm sure I'll take the easy way out and find another admin job - for right now anyway.

A little about my vacation. I had a week with my parents and brother and then the rest of the family arrived for 10 days. So it was a nice, long visit with my whole family. Some of the highlights include:

  • Mom and I went to see Pirates of the Carabbean; Dead Man's Chest. Loved it!
  • My brothers and Sister-in-law and I went to see Hootie and the Blowfish at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach.
  • The whole family went to see "Le Grande Cirque" which is a Cirque de Soile kind of show and it was really fun and the nephews loved it.
  • I got to play Mah Jongg with some of the current Guiness World Record holders for longest Mah Jongg game (look it up in the 2007 book. It's in there!)
Most importantly, I know you want to know what I brought to knit and what I finished knitting. Although I brought enough sock yarn for 3 pair of socks, the rest of the yarn to finish my Cherry Bomb tank top from Big Girl Knits, the rest of the Malabrigo hand dyed yarn to finish the scarf I started with it, the sea silk so I could continue working on that shawl and more yarn "just in case" (it's a sickness), Mom and I bought 4 skeins of Caron Simply Soft and made Nauties for the boys.

The funniest thing about the Nauties was that my brother was saying the boys were to old for them and we better hurry up and finish them before they arrived because they may not want to play with them. Then not 30 seconds later he said "These are kinda cool. Can you make me one?" Yeah. So I made him one too.

Then the boys saw the one I was making for their uncle and they wanted on like his so they wrote out their orders and Mom and I started knitting again. I made a total of 4 and my Mom made 3.

I finished the 4th Nautie at home and finished the scarf too. I was working on the tank top, but I think I goofed somewhere and now I have to do some math to correct the problem and well - I've put it aside again. Anyway - here is the scarf.

I'm in love with the scarf and the wool. It is the softest wool I've ever used. I need to buy more!

I'm happy to be back and in the mood to post. Now I just have to catch up on the rest of the blogs I read.

Til' later!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Great scarf. I've been hearing some great things about that yarn.

Your Nauties look good. You and your Mom had a very productive holiday.

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Is the scarf made from Malabrigo? I bought some because I love that colorway and I can't decide what I want to make with it.

buttercup said...

PK - Yes it is. I found the pattern on line. If I can find the link I'll post it. It's a really easy pattern. I used 2 skeins for the scarf.