Friday, December 29, 2006

Hope Yours Was Very Happy!

First and most importantly… the Viking costumes were a big hit. I was a little bit disappointed because the jerkins are too big and they fall off the boys shoulders. I have to come up with a fix for that. They put them on immediately and took them right up to bed with them. So cute!!!

I got some wonderful presents; hand made ornaments from the nephews, a gift card for Borders (Stitchonary #3 is coming home with me soon!), my parents have funded my next yarn crawl with Jen, I got a cook book from my brother (signed by the author), 2 skeins of Koigu (!!!!!!) and a beautiful tape measure that matches my birthday knitting bag from Jen, and a swift. OK – the swift wasn’t part of my Christmas present, but it sure felt like it was since I neeeeeedddddded a swift desperately.

Katie even got a Christmas present from my nephews. I really get a kick out of her because she is more interested in how the toy does what it does than actually chasing the toy.

I spent Christmas morning knitting Lady Eleanor (color natural pink here) and watching the Yule Log. It was so relaxing. The only time I got up was when I needed another cup of coffee (with eggnog instead of cream). Then I was off to my brother’s who had a full house. By the end of dinner, I wasn’t feeling all that great so I left early.

It was a good thing I did because I am now harboring a cold. I was in bed early (9PM) and slept through the alarm this morning. I’ve been taking Airborne and hoping that this cold or whatever it is will be short lived.

I also finished the Socks that Rock socks because I want to wind up the Christmas Koigu and get knitting. What I should do is wait till the 31st for the 2007 Sock Knit-a-long to start and see what the theme for January will be. I don’t think I can stand it. Although I should just start my brother’s Viking helmet and get a jump on that.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas even if you did catch a cold. I hope you are feeling better soon.

It feels really good when the little ones love what you made doesn't it.