Monday, May 07, 2007

Maryland Sheep and Wool

What a day! It was a great time. I don’t want to spoil much of the day because Shannon and I did a lot of recording for their pod cast, but I will hit on the highlights.

I left my house a little before 5:30. It was still dark. The moon was still up and the sun was just starting to rise.


I arrived at the all important Dunkin Donuts, where Shannon was to meet me (she is very brilliant for thinking about that one), we grabbed coffee and headed toward Philadelphia and Rosie’s Yarn Cellar.

There was no traffic and the directions to Rosie’s were perfect. We found a parking lot around the corner from the shop and parked. We got our breakfast and goodie tote bags and took some time to stand and stretch our legs after the long car ride.

By the way – Rosie’s bus was the best way to go! The breakfast was wonderful, fresh baked goods, fresh fruit cup plenty of coffee and orange juice. It hit the spot!

By this time we were hopped up on caffeine and really excited to get to there. Shannon was so freeking excited she could hardly stand it.



Just as we were arriving at the fair grounds, the bus was cut off and he swerved and we almost tipped over into the median. Applause erupted when the bus driver got us evened out and safely delivered to the entrance. Ahh - thank GOD the digital recorder escaped harm.



The day actually went by really fast. We shopped; we met up with some awesome knit bloggers and had a rest on the grassy knoll. This was actually one of the high-lites of my day. I was eagerly anticipating the appearance of le fug draped artistically around Turtlegirl and Trillian42, but it wasn’t to be. The fug was still being worked on and wasn’t ready for it’s close up. But I did get to see the Tomato sweaters. One of the things I love about knitting is that two people can make the same sweater and they can look so different. They were both beautiful and I can’t wait to make mine in the magenta-ish Shine I got from Knit Picks.





Artsygal was there and so was Stariel. I don't know why I don't have a picture of Stariel, but it seems these were the last pictures I took of the day. How cute is Artsy? I need to keep an eye open for her yarn when she has a new batch for sale.

We spent an hour with them and it wasn’t enough. I can’t wait for the Philly Knitty Meet up to see them again.

My last purchase of the day was, interestingly enough, at Rosie’s. They were kind enough to let people use the bathroom as well as purchase any notions they needed and couldn’t find at the fairgrounds. Naturally Shannon and I found something neither of us could live without – a shawl pattern and the 5 skeins of Koigu to knit it with.

We recorded a lot on the way home. I rambled like an over tired, punch drunk idiot. I hope I don’t sound really awful.

Pictures of the purchases tomorrow!

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I'll have to go next year ;0)

Stephanie said...

Excellent pictures!

I'm so jealous of all the fun!!!