Friday, July 13, 2007

Stuff I needed to get off my chest

I’ve never considered myself to be a super smart, brilliant person. Lately, I’ve begun to consider myself Mensa material.

I work with some highly educated people and it never ceases to amaze me that they are completely unable to do even the simplest of tasks here around the office. I actually had someone ask me how I knew how to change the toner cartridge on one of our color printers. Ummmm. Huh? There are only directions all over the machine and an entire instruction pamphlet inside the box with the new toner. I just laughed it off like he was joking with me. I really don't get it.

*~*

I’m so happy with the Retro Cardi. Unfortunately, I totally convinced myself that it fit me, just because the sleeves were perfect. The body is a couple inches to small and would never be able to button. I’ve decided to make another for myself and make some alterations to the already completed one and give it to my Mom for her birthday. I’ve given Dad the task of measuring one of Mom’s long sleeve shirts so I know how much sleeve I need to rip back. She’s going to love it.

*~*

For some reason I keep thinking that I’m going to lose my job. It was right around this time last year that I was fired from the butt crack of hell. I’m sure it’s just flash-back emotions.

*~*

In answer to Kniterella's question:
Tomato is being knit with Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Crocus and the patterned band will be Cream. I got gauge with the suggested needle sizes.

The Hedera socks are knit with Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in Cool. I'm using size 2 needles to cast on and knit the first couple of rounds and then switch to size 1. I'm also going to try a new toe with this sock.

*~*

I've been very cranky lately and I can't tell why. I kept blaming it on the weather, because nothing is worse than the 3Hs. But I don't think it's that. The weather has been really beautiful the past two days and I'm still cranky. I was reading that when Mercury comes out of retrograde it's makes people just as kerfluey as when it go into retrograde. So basically no matter where Mercury is, it's gonna mess with us. Can we demote Mercury and reinstate Pluto?

*~*

Tomorrow I'll be up bright and early to go to my nephew's swim meet. They are long long long events because there are many kids and many heats for each race and then semi finals and finals. I'll have my knitting with me!

*~*

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

Yes, never assume your coworkers are all that intelligent. It's kind of amazing what simple tasks people don't understand.

Maybe there's something in the NJ air making the cranky level rise?

Jennifer said...

I agree about the whole coworker thing....


....unless it's Friday the 13th. At work today (Barnes&Noble) none of us, including myself, could seem to alphabetize anything. You know, that thing you learned in kindergarten?

Kim said...

So, how big/small was Retro? I am making it right now out of BR Tuscany. It will block to 3sts/inch...