Friday, August 17, 2007

My second Pr0n

It's not the most lush and yummy of yarns. It's the sock knitters work horse. It's faithful, warm and knits up quickly with nice stitch definition.

Opal 6 ply self striping.


I know, it's not the most exciting yarn to ever grace a YPF, but it really excites me. The first real socks I knit was with this yarn (different color tho). I'd kind of forgot about it, with all the other yarns out there. The overdyed, fingering weight, hand dyed, sea wool, tencel, merino, etc, etc, etc choices online and in the LYS.



Then last week I ran into a 50% off sale at my LYS. I wandered around and when I got to the sock room my jaw dropped. Why was the Opal 6 ply 1/2 off? "My customers just don't seem to want it." said crabby owner. I picked up 2 skeins, 2 different colors. $10 for a 100gm skein?!? I couldn't leave it there. That's way more yarn than Koigu for less.

I think I'm making the nephews Halloween socks out of this. Their feet are still small-ish.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wow, ten bucks for Opal is a steal! It's good yarn too.

Bezzie said...

That is a great price! I might need to waste the gas to get the deals you're getting! ;-)