Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm here...

Life and stuff is getting in the way of everything lately.

I have a heel spur and by the end of the day I'm limping and cranky. If it's not better by next week I'm looking at an appointment with a podiatrist to get a cortisone shot in my heel. That kind of creeps me out - a lot. So the pain will have to be really bad before I make that appointment.

I'm on new meds and they're working, I think. But all the stuff that comes with being on this med has me thinking about my life, my past, and why I made the decisions I made. I've been really reflective, and therefore, quiet.

The upside of being so reflective about stuff is that I've been knitting a lot. I have 4 Hats for Alex this month and I've been working the 1st sleeve on Mr. Greenjeans. The sleeves are kind of a pain in the butt because I'm knitting them with DPNs and I have to keep flipping the body of the sweater around to keep up with twisting when I change the needles. Progress has slowed down a bit because of it. But the stockinette stitch for 13 - 14 inches is perfect for vegging.

Sunday I'm taking a class to learn how to crochet a coral reef. I can't wait to go into NYC and see the whole thing (in the NYU windows across from Grace Church April 5th - May 18th 2008). It's going to be amazing. More info and pictures are here.

Hopefully that will get me out of my reflective looking back at the past crap. I know it's not such a good thing to look back too much. So next week, updates with pictures and maybe even pics of kittehs!

No comments: