Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Knitting like a mad woman

My fingers hurt. That’s how much I’ve been knitting. I’m enjoying working on the Mr. Greenjeans sweater for the Loopy Ewe Dream in Color KAL. I’m really getting into cabling without a cable needle so the rows fly by. I’m almost finished with the body of the sweater and would love to finish that part tonight.



I also have one baby hat completed for Hats for Alex. It's the first hat for my March shipment. I don't have a picture of that one. After all, how many plain vanilla baby hats can you look at?

So, a lot of knitting happened this weekend at my house. I hope to have MGJ finished so I can get use out of it the rest of this month and in the early spring, and wear it to MD S&W!


I also have been trying to get a second design worked up for squares 3 & 4 for the Briar Rose Afghan. I'm having a hard time getting a design worked up that looks good with the bulky wool and doesn't get lost in the colors. Since the deadline is looming, I may just end up doing 4 of the same block (which was one of the options) and get that off in the mail to Coordinator Extrodinare, Kim.


The Noro sock and the Soxx Appeal socks still don't have mates. I'll get the Briar Rose project finished before I cast on those second socks.


I know. Not too many pictures this time. Noel keeps playing with the strap on the camera and I've had to hide it from her. That means it's hidden from me too.


Happy WIP Wednesday!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love the ribbing you used. If I get my own squares finished there is some Briar Rose calling my name for socks too.