Friday, December 26, 2008

A Christmas of Firsts

Christmas was wonderful. I got to do several things that I'd never done before, which all revolve around my SIL's brother and SIL (who I'll call George & Jane). They live in CA and so we only see them a couple times a year.

I got to pet zebra skin. George & Jane went to Africa and they brought back some really cool gifts for the nephews. They got small hand crafted drums, made of zebra skin. Very cool.

I got to participate in the lighting of the menorah last night. Jane is Jewish, so we celebrated both holidays yesterday. It's funny, but growing up in a town that was mostly Jewish, I don't ever remember participating in that celebration with any of my friends.

Coolest of all... I got to see the personal video Christmas card of a very famous rock star. George and Jane, as I mentioned, live in CA. They live outside LA, and in a pretty upscale neighborhood. Nancy O'Dell (from Inside Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight, I'm not sure which) used to be right next door till she moved a few months ago. Anyway, this particular rock star and his family live 3 doors down. So yesterday when George opened his e-mail there was this Christmas greeting from their neighbors. It was so sweet. It was nice to see the private side of someone who's in the spotlight.

So that was my Christmas. How was yours?

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

Too cool!!! You're going to have to tell me what rock star....I won't tell!

Kathy Barnard said...

Merry Christmas!
Glad you had a great one :)
Love from Kathy