Saturday, March 12, 2005

Mom

My mother is the funniest woman on the planet. Honestly. Take this conversation we had this morning...

Mom: Did you get that e-mail I sent you with the job ad?

Me: No

Mom: It was from the Diocese. They are looking for an event coordinator. I thought it was perfect timing since you're looking for something new. The only thing is that you would have to work some holidays.

Me: Oh, well.

Mom: And the pay isn't all that great, but it's closer to home.

Me: Much closer to home.

Mom: (I can tell she's getting a little mad) Now I ask you, what church would have you working on holidays?!

Me: (getting caught up a little bit in the ire) Well Mom, I don't know...

Mom: You'd think of all places, THEY would be closed on holidays. Really - what church would have people working on holidays?

Me: (starting to giggle) Oh - ah - only - ALL OF THEM.

Mom: Oh. (sheepishly) Ah... I guess you're right.

5 minutes of belly laughing follow.

Mom - I love you! Thanks for starting my day off on the right foot.



No comments: