Friday, March 10, 2006

Startitis

I don't know what's wrong with me... I started Ella last night. With the yarn I had purchased for my Clapotis. This was actually an alternate yarn (who can resist a S!A!L!E!) to what I purchased originally for the project. Oddly enough it was the exact yarn that the pattern called for. But the original yarn I purchased called to me so this one went into the stash pile to call to me when something came up.

Who knew it would be so soon?

I was looking over the pattern for Ella and the yarn that was used was a 50% silk/50% Merino blend. Hummmmm. Wow. I can start that RIGHT NOW.

So, I did.

Before I put Ella down for the night I messed up somewhere. So I'll have to tink and see what happened. I'm sure I missed a yarn over somewhere. That's always been a problem for me. Makes me crazy. Not to mention that 10 PM is not the best time to look for errors. There aren't that many stitches on the needles at this point, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I broke down and bought a ball winder. My kitty is fascinated and a little afraid of it. She sits on the couch in front of the coffee table where I attach the winder and she stares at my hand turning the handle. Some times she sees what is left of a ball or hank on the floor and she totally gets this freaked out look and slinks away. I suppose she's allowed to be afraid of any new fangled contraptions I bring into the house. She is like 130 in cat years.

I've not touched the Viking Costumes since Sunday. There is just something about that pattern that isn't making sense. I need to read the finishing details to see if there are parts of the hat that are felted and some that are not because all the pieces parts aren't fitting together at all. The only thing I can think is that the hat itself is felted and the pieces are put onto the hat and either not felted at all or are needle felted. No idea. I think that's why I'm having such a time at knitting the things. I can't see how I'll get the finished product out of the pieces I have.

I know this blog isn't any fun without pictures. I did take photos of Ella, my socks in progress, and something else I'll be blogging about shortly, but my home computer farted and the pictures didn't burn to the CD I was going to use. Better then using the space up on my pen drive.

No comments: