Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Knitting News

I finished the Anne Socks.
Look at that face! It looks like she's saying... "Why are you taking photos of your feet? People are crazy!"I've also finished one sock from the STR I scored at Rhinebeck. I had to rip it out 4 times before I could get gauge. The sock kept coming out HUGE and then I decided to measure before I ripped and that's when I discovered the problem. My gauge swatch was 7 per inch and my sock was 6 per inch. No wonder the sock was too big. Crazy!!! Now that is all sorted out, one sock is done and the other was started at lunch today. Pictures when they're a pair.

I've also been working non stop in the evenings on the Viking costumes for the nephews. The problem I'm having with the pattern is that I follow it and then don't like the way it comes out. So I rip a pratically finished piece and do it my own way. I'm happy with the result but I'm not so happy with the knitting & ripping & re-knitting I've been doing. I should have known that the jerkins weren't going to be much better than the helmets. I'll get photos of my progress on them tonight.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute socks-cute cat! My cat always looks at me like I am an idiot-gotta love them though. I am really anxious to see how your Vivika is turning out.

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny to think about how many of us knitters take pictures of our feet every day.....