Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Days of Old

Remember when I was so excited about having lots of places to hide here in the office so I could knit at lunch time?

Those days are over.

We have 3 conference rooms and they are constantly in use. All the offices are filled. Even the little one in the way back that was empty.

I suppose it’s a good thing that the company is growing and we’re getting more business. But it’s infringing on my knitting knooks. The temperatures aren’t even warm enough to sit outside in the “park” between buildings to knit and get some air and sunshine. There is even a lovely fountain which isn’t yet operational. I think they’re de-winterizing it now and it will be running again as soon as the temps are more consistantly over freezing.

Anyway – I’m cranky. I need my knitting time. I don’t want anyone to bug me and they are all crawling up my butt!

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hm, do you drive to work? I used to knit in my car in MI...even in the winter! I'd turn the car on for three minutes every 20 mins to get some heat going. Yeah probably a waste of gas, but a knitter's gotta knit!

Anonymous said...

How about the big stall in the bathroom? Would that be too weird?
I hope you find an alternate place soon.

Anonymous said...

I empathize totally. Guess you could always knit in your car until the weather improves. That's what I do. I'm a merchandizer, so I have to grab knitting time on my lunch break. Turn on the radio, and knit for 30 min. Makes a big difference.

Ang