Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My first WIP post of 2008

…and I have no photos to show you. I thought about it as I fell asleep last night and then I woke up too late this morning to do anything more than shower and get dressed. I may squeak some pics in under the wire later.

So instead of showing you the Argosy Baby Blanket which I tinked back, fixed, and have been working on steadily since the weekend. Or the hexagons I’ve been crocheting for the afghan I’m designing. Or the 2 pair of socks in progress, I’m going to tell you about my planned charity knitting.

I’ll be knitting Hats for Alex. Pam has come up with a monthly prize for whoever sends in 3 hats that month so for those of you who are prize motivated – go see what she’s offering for January. It’s very yummy yarn! There are two reasons I’m going to knit hats again this year, first, my heart aches when I think of Alex and his family. If I can do a little tiny thing like knit baby hats out of all the left over yarn I have to say thank you to the hospital that cared for that baby, then I will. And I’ll be getting rid of the left over partial balls of yarn I have in one of those x-large Ziploc bags. It’s a win-win situation.

Secondly, with the arrival of a little black bundle of furry love (and boundless energy), I decided I need to do what I can to help my local animal shelter. They have a wish list on line of both cat and dog items they’re in need of. Blankets appear on both the lists, preferably made with acrylic yarn and I have inherited tons of the stuff. I know the site says they want the yarn, but I’m sure they’ll be happy to have completed snuggle blankets. I’ll more than likely be crocheting the blankets because that goes quickly for me.

The goal is 3 hats and 2 blankets a month.

What charity knitting do you have planned?

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

I'm doing HfA as well...I like your idea of the furbaby blankets for acrylic.

Dorothy said...

Sounds like excellent charities both of them. I had planned on doing a couple of things here and there, but nothing specific. Now I am rethinking that idea.