Friday, May 02, 2008

That 7 things thing...

OK Eryn. I'll play.

The rules:
Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Let them know they are tagged by leaving comments on their blogs.

1. I am the daughter of a Guinness World Record Holder. Mom was entered into the record books in 2006.

2. I make beaded jewelry and rented a table at some craft fairs a couple years back. That was a miserable failure. I make more money selling bracelets and earrings to my Mom's Mah Jongg friends & people at work than I did at either craft fair. Now I use all my stuff to make stitch markers and row counters.

3. My father has called me a "Left wing, hippy, pinko, freak", which flipped me out because if you knew me, that's the furthest away from what I am and where I stand on things. I think he thought he was kidding, but we both know he meant it more than not. I love my Dad, but we have a very weird relationship.

4. I love the beach. I could sit by the ocean every day it's warm enough. The smell of the sand, surf and suntan lotion calms me. Yankee Candle just came out with a scent called Sun and Sand which is exactly that summer beach smell. I spend as much time in my car at lunch to calm me as possible. Plus I can knit and feel like I'm at the beach without the hazards of ick getting on my knitting.

5. Although I had two cats that lived past 19 years, my nephews think I don't take care of my cats very well. My cats died before their cat died which is why they think that. Their cat was also 19 when he passed away.

6. I've spent the last two days printing out pictures of "test pits". Looking at holes dug in NYC streets is not the most thrilling thing in the world. (Not to mention I had to print them one page at a time because they weren’t put in the original document correctly and they were HUGE.) After a while it got to be funny. Test Pit! What if I put a pic of my arm pit in there? Would anyone notice? Do they actually LOOK at these bagillion page binders or is it a cruel test for admins?

7. I don’t suffer fools. My Mom said this to me a few years ago and it is so true. I have no patience for people who are stupid, loud, obnoxious or otherwise, icky.

I think I'm one of the last people tagged for this meme, so I won't tag anyone. Unless you want to play along, then leave a link in the comments for me!

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

Eryn said...

Yay! Thank you for playing!

So, what record does Mom hold?

And I think those binders are just pure cruelty...