Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Manly Men

On Friday I dropped off the baby sweater which was for my mechanic and his wife. They’ve been friends with my brother forever, so I wanted to do something nice for them and this “oops” baby.

I walked into the store front and handed the package to Bob and he was so grateful and a little embarrassed. Then he asked if he could open it. Huh? It’s his kid too isn’t it?

He pulls out the little sweater and he was so thrilled. When he asked if I made it and I said I did, you should have seen all the commotion behind the desk. All these mechanics were huddling around him ooohhhhing and aaaaahhhhing and “WOW! You made that?!?!” It was like women at a baby shower, let me tell you. I have NEVER in my life got a reaction like that from a bunch of men on anything I ever knitted. Not even from my family.

I don’t have a picture of them standing around with Bob in the middle holding up the sweater because that would have discouraged them for life. Heh

I'm still laughing about it too.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hee hee! And I thought it was cute when all the guys oohed and aahed over a knitted PSP case I made for the hubby. Oohing and aahing over a baby sweater is MUCH cuter.

Bezzie said...

Priceless!!!!