Friday, November 14, 2008

Projects with fiber?

Yeah – there have been a bunch of projects. I actually finally finished a pair of socks. Remember when I used to finish a pair of socks all at once? I really got off the sock kick. The Noro threw me for a loop last December and I only finished ONE pair of socks this year. Until this past week. I finished the Red Heart socks.


The dye job was a little splotchy but I’d use it again; if I didn’t have enough sock yarn at home to make 3000 pair of socks. In which case I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn’t have a ton of sock yarn at home.

A new blankie project! It’s for a baby that’s due in December. I think it’s the perfect choice for a crocheted blanket. CUTE!! It also means I have to busta move on this. I have 6 repeats done of 40. 34 more to go!

Funny how the last new baby I knit for was born in January and this one is practically one year later. That’s a quite a time lag between baby blankets.

The big boy blankets continue to be ignored. I was hoping to have them done by Thanksgiving. That’s not going to happen with the peppermint baby blanket needing to be done in a few weeks. I really need to devote my time to them. The boys will be so bummed if they don’t have them at least by the end of January (which is when they guessed I’d have them finished). I want to have them done this year.

There are so many things I want to start. I have quite a few pair of socks waiting in the wings. I won’t allow myself to start them until I finish the second sock with the Noro yarn. I bought some pretty yarn from The Fold/Blue Moon at Rhinebeck that I want to make a pair of fingerless gloves with. Or maybe another pair of Mrs. Beetons. I love that pattern and they would pretty up my denim jacket.

I also want to start a laceweight project like Amy(Knitty) did a few months ago. I got this beautiful alpaca lace yarn for 20% off and I’ve been itching to cast it on. I also want to make Wisp, which I saw on Ravelry made out of Noro sock yarn. I have the Silk Garden sock (which is SO much softer than the Kuyron sock) and the color runs are perfect for Wisp.

There are some shawl ideas running around my brain also. I need to get them down on paper and see if they’re viable or not. Which means I need to see if I can actually create a pattern that looks as good in reality as it does in my brain.

It’s surprisingly hard to do.

(Sorry for the lack of links. I'll do that later when I can take more than 1 minute to post on the sly)

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Why is that a crohook? Or maybe it's a neaderhook...

Love the blankie! Lucky baby!