Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Ranting and Raving

Yup - my parents are still here visiting. I was thinking that they would be on their way in the next couple of days, but with all the hub-bub around my brother packing up and moving down to NC, they just haven't left yet. Not to mention that they'll be back in a couple of weeks or so to help him with the final pack and move. I've not had any time to myself and my little kitty is beside herself trying to figure out why she doesn't have me to herself any more. So she's up every hour caterwalling, waking me and my Mom up and it's been hell. I'm exhausted.

-Abrupt change of topic-
(I should have named my blog that. It's never too late I guess)
I've been a member of a stitching group for just shy of 5 years now. This group has taken on many forms and has whittled down from about 30 people to 15 or so, and now, 8 or 9. The last purge of the group was because there were 4 people that talked about being moms and how important they were because they were moms and how they wanted to become moms and how to make your opwn diaper wipes and on and on and on. Finally, those of us who are childless, have grown children or who have lives that include their children but still have a healthy sense of who they are, up and left to form a new group. There is a point to this, I swear...

One of the women that we up and left behind, who was, for me, the driving factor to leave, has a blog. WELLLL. She has been the subject of ridicule (she brings it on herself) by my girls and I for a while now. It is said that there are no ugly babies. Her first kid was the exception to prove the rule. Child number two, concieved well before fugly child #1 was a year old, fared no better. One of us would visit the blog and let the other three know there was material ripe for ridiclue.

In today's entry she announces she is pregnant again. 3 children in 3 years. Now, she and her hen-pecked husband hardly have a pot to pee in, but some how they can manage to have 3 kids in 3 years. She'll manage to get all top of the line baby furniture, cloths, bags, professional portraits every 3 months and lord knows what else. Knowing her for a little over 4 years as we have we have no idea how she is getting all this stuff. No clue at all.

The thing that gets me is how irresponsible they are. If you can't afford the two you've got, why skip the birth control and then coyly say "we know what causes it, but I like to do it a lot"? I just don't get it at all.

-Abrupt change of topic-
I know support 12 very busy people here at work. 12 people. I go out of my mind most days, wondering what I forgot to do. Note pads are my worst enemy because I go onto multiple pages and so things on the previous pages tend to get forgotten. There has to be a better way.

OK - enough rambling...

Happy End of March!

No comments: