Monday, April 18, 2005

Friday Night

I went to see Collective Soul on Friday night at the Stone Pony. They put on such a great show. I'd see them again in a heartbeat.

As most concerts in bars go, the opening band SUCKED. They had a female lead singer, and she did nothing but scream. Whatever they were playing - it wasn't music. It didn't even pass for music. Horrible. Completely horrible.

Lucky us, a woman wandered over to us with a clip board and asked us how we liked the opening band and if we'd like to be on their mailing list. I looked at my friends and we said "It was hard to hear over here, so I couldn't really say." Then I hear a whine and look over to my left and the lead singer was standing right next to us pouting. She looked at me and said "That's a really diplomatic answer". She moved on to her next target while clip board lady strong armed my friend into giving her e-mail information. She gave them another friend's e-mail, which we all laughed about later in the car.


If you ever have a chance to see Collective Soul - go. If I knew the name of the opening act, I'd tell you so you could stay away from them

No comments: