Friday, September 14, 2007

Corn Pr0n

I know what you're thinking. "That's not corn". No it isn't. That's veggie pron. Fresh NJ produce from 3 miles down the road. Grown and delivered by the man who's been disrupting my knitting mojo. I'm going to blanch, peel and de-seed the tomatos and freeze them for use over the winter. The eggplant won't make it past the weekend. I love eggplant.
Here is the corn.
Maisy (love the name!). Purchased at Rosie's Yarn Cellar when I met with the other knittys.

I have no idea what the color is but it's really pretty and the yarn will be so much fun to work with. There are definitely spring socks to be made from this in the next couple of months.
I was surprised by how soft the yarn is. It'll be interesting to see how they knit up and how they wear.

Oh - and props to my girl Shannon who finished her Charlotte's web shawl. Now I'm the only one who hasn't finished it yet.

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ooo...a man with a green thumb. Man, now I totally get why he's been disrupting your knitting mojo!

I've seen that corn yarn before--very interesting!

Shannon said...

What's all this talk about a man! you have to call me soon!

Kathy Barnard said...

mmmmmmmmmmoussaka!

and that yarn looks fab for sox- soft and cuddly.

PS: ???!!! Need update STAT!