Thursday, March 25, 2010

Casting On…

Or rather, looping up that chain!

This is the first sweater I’ve attempted to crochet. Crochet has been for blankets and scarves mostly in my yarny repertoire.

But this sweater jumped off the pages of Interweave Crochet and made me have to make it. I started it this 2 weekends ago and I love the shell pattern. I’m making it with Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk in pretty much the same color.

Picture courtsey of Interweave Crochet

The color is TDF, but the damn stuff is staining my fingers. It’s going to need a lot of washing and rinsing to make sure it won’t stain whatever I decide to wear under it. Probably a shell or cami for work, or a T-shirt or tank for casual.

Momma I help holds the string, k?

This is how far I’ve got so far on the back. If Katie would stop having to be a cuddle Button, maybe I’d be further along. She was another hindrance to completing my olympic sweater for the gold medal!

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

She's thinking "Mommy, you've lost a herd of cats in weight--I'm trying to make sure you gain one kitty back by sitting on you!"