Friday, March 26, 2010

Is three a crowd?

I’ve been playing with the idea of getting another cat. This time, a kitten. I think Noel needs a baby of her own to play with and groom and generally be a momma to. She tries to do that to Katie, but my little Katie-Buttons is having none of it.

Fights ensue and Katie usually gets the worst of it. She’s been poked in the eye, scratched in the ear and God knows what all. I’ve heard the wail of pissed-offed-ness and seen Noel come racing into the living room with Katie fur in her mouth. Not cool.

So that is definitely the solution for Noel. Get her a cat of her own. But I’m a little worried about Katie. I wonder if this will put her right off the deep end. I mean, I already wrecked her life by adopting Noel, what if a third cat puts her right over the edge?

The girls have their “well visits” this month so I think I’ll ask the vet about a third cat. I wonder how much supervision they’re gonna need if I do get a third cat.

Is that one step closer to crazy cat lady?

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Well the felines already outnumber you---so why not?